Thursday, October 23, 2003

Ah, good old Thursdays, my busiest day of the week it feels like. Well school, yeah well, like any other day, its school. Ok, I have had a lot of thoughts today. (if there's any one reading this that knows me, then yeah, I know that's kind scary... Me having thoughts) but first off today, we got in the diction at lunch about women leadership in the church. Is it really wrong for women to lead prayer in church? I honestly don't believe so! I dunno, maybe its the way I've been brought up compared to these other people. But I see in the bible where it says that women shouldn't have authority over men, but is talking to our Father in public really having any authority? And where does that put me if I want to become a youth minister? Isn't that having a position over a man?

ok, number 2 thought. Brought to my attention today was the problem with anger and disappointment. As I was sitting in devo today at the C of C, it really hit home with me that I have lost a lot of my long time friendships because of the fact that I let my anger get in the way of see what was really going on. They were just people that were struggling in life, and in fact I might have been able to help. If I look back on this one specific friendship, I let us separate mainly because of the fact that I was wanting to turn towards God, and they weren't. All they did was criticism me for it. Well now that I look back, we could have done so much in each others lives, but because I let my anger get in the way, it ended all that we had. But then again, I just have to thank God for the time we did have and learn from my mistake in the future. Hmmmm life is complicated isn't it? That's ok though, it makes it SO much more worth it in the end.

well, that's where I'm going to end my thoughts for today, its getting late, and I guess the rest of the stuff is not that big of a deal any way. Well, ....I'm out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here