Sunday, October 26, 2003

Sunday... Man what a day! Its been a really eye opener trust me. Church this morning was great, then I came back home and practiced ( since I have try-outs tomorrow for band. Its not going to be good, I know that already) then kind of locked myself in my room for a while and drifted off to sleep. But earlier today, my mom came home 40 minutes late from GSBC and she told me about the awesome start of their revival. They had 12 people go up to the front that were save, rededicate or wanted to be baptized. We haven't had that kind of out come in... Well, ever. But then tonight I went back to GS and it was absolutely awesome. The speakers Bill and ? Murphy were REALLY good! There was about at least 7 younger kids that went up there tonight. For once we had a long sermon on hell. The thing is, that when I was 9 my sister and I sat down and had a talk about how horrible hell what and what it was going to be like. With my sister's help that night, I accepted Christ. Tonight was a total reflection of that. Just sitting there listing to how its going to be for people in hell, just reminded me of that night. I'll be honest... I'm not where I want to be in my walk with God. I should be a leader/ teacher right now, and I'm still sitting back wanted to just be fed. I think its time that I take that step in having an actually Relationship with God and not just one of convenience. And if you are out there reading this, and you know me, hold me accountable! Today I finally got an answer to my question that I've been asking people lately. "what is one thing about me that I don't want to hear, but I need to hear?" the answer I got, was my attitude. The fact that I never really seem to be happy enough, which is true, but I never really noticed it. Even if I am having a hard time, I should at least try to continue being glad knowing that God will be faithful and bring me through it. Now that was advice from a TRUE friend. Everyone else just keeps it to themselves, but shoot, I guess I do too. So, if I know you, start thinking now of things that I need to hear, but don't want to. And even if I don't ask you, let me know your input. I wont get mad... Promise!Well, I have to start going to bed cause I have to get up early to go running with my sister before school... I'm out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here