So, it was Devo day that the C of C... Man, the more I go to that church, the more I seem to love it. I mean its not only the lessons, but the people there are great too! But the devo was really good today! I mean not only are we taught the indebted meaning of how and what we should believe in, but I get the whole story behind it. That's one of my weak areas! I mean its hard to find a place that doesn't just teach you "Jesus loves you" "be a good person" "obey your parents"... Grant it, those are good messages too, but sometimes you gotta get some solid food in ya! I mean like the lesson last night at church... I'll be COMPLETELY HONEST...I had no clue, as long as I've been brought up in church, that John the Baptist got his head chopped off cause some woman said so. I mean I LOVE the actually story along with the meaning.
I dunno, I'm just hungry for as much as I can take in at the moment.... ya know what... I REALLY need to find a good book to read to try and cure some of that.
well, the collage bible study was really good tonight too! It was really different having it in a MUCH smaller place, but it was still awesome. We mainly talked about Colossians 3, and man did that kick my butt!
ok, for the past while there's been something/one bothering me that I just felt like I couldn't do anything about it, couldn't tell the person, or anything. Well I finally made that step after being beat by a few people ;o) and got it all out in the open! And man, it was like a load of bricks was taken off of me... ( i mean i havent even gotten a responce just yet, but i at least know that i did all that i could do) Its crazy. If I would have known it was that easy to begin with (yeah yeah I know "I told ya so") than I would have done it much sooner.
but any ways....It almost Friday!!!! And I get to go Christmas shopping finally! I'm only buying 7 people a gift, and the rest get my famous home made candy that I gave last year... Everyone seemed to like it then, so I hope it works the same!
Colossians 3:13 Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home