Sunday, November 23, 2003

Well guys, this week ended kinda... Yeah well it had its ups and downs, just say it came to a complete end with a nose dive.... Let me just start from Friday though.

Friday: well right after school, I came home to clean the house for the movie night, then went to pick up what I thought would be a couple of people and we went to pick up a movie and then swung by walmart to get junk food. Finally when we got everyone to the house it went pretty good. About 10 of us sat around eating a bunch of junk and watching the corniest scary movie I've ever seen. But all in all it wasn't ALL bad.

Saturday: well I was suppose to go to a friend's (scott's) wedding, but I cant really make it all the way to the Surfside by myself... I get lost really easy. But also my mom had planned a day of shopping with just me and her, so that's what I did all day.

Today:.. Well it went pretty well. Ken (my preacher) led a really sermon this morning! Which leads me to my nose dive of the weekend. Well at church this morning Erin asked me to make sure that I came to the budget meeting tonight cause if I didn't I would regret it. The way she was acting, it was like there was good news or something, *shrugs* so I figured why not it gets me out of the house. So when we got there, it was just like a normal budget meeting, then one of the elders started talking about ways to "fix" our problem. There were the typical suggestions like "give more" "get rid of some of the people that are employed" and then there was one that just struck me and gave me that sickening feeling the second it left that guys mouth. "Get rid of Ken as preacher" at first I was wondering how in the world that was even an option!!! But then they explained that another church "the Fellowship of a Champion" (or something like that ) and our church are "merging together" its not that its a bad thing, I actually don't mind at all, but it just kinda bothers me that its come to this. Ken is one of the greatest preaches I have ever heard!!!!!! I mean God ALWAYS has a way of speaking through him. And its kinda funny, but also a good quality, that when he starts telling a story that really touches him, he's not afraid to cry. I dunno, its just not anything I've seen a preacher, never the less a guy, do in public before.
but I know that God is leading him to other places, but it kinda stinks that any time I ever get close to a person that's a REAL spiritual mentor, they always have a different calling that leads them elsewhere. *shrugs* who knows, its all out of my hands I guess. I honestly trust the judgment of the elders to do what's best for the church. I just hope where ever he goes, God continues to bless him and use him like he has at The Fellowship.

well I'm out of here.... I hope ya have a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here