Sunday, February 29, 2004

Well since I haven't blogged in a few days, I'll try not to leave anything out. Well Friday after school my friend and I went to the mall, then to david's bridal to look for prom dresses. It was pretty fun, and I actually found a dress that I really like. After that I rushed home to get ready for the father daughter banquet, which to be honest, I was really dreading. But as the night went on, I had a pretty good time. From what I hear, my dad didn't have too bad of a time either which is always good. I think it was good for him to get out, not necessarily with church people, but with different people. As a matter of fact I was asked a few times at church today when people would be seeing my dad again, and how nice of a guy he was. That would be the best thing ever if he started going to church with me, but just one step at a time. I'm glad with the progress so far. Its not that I really wanna change who he is, just offer him a change. Make sense?
any way, after going to bed late Friday night (or early Saturday morning, either way ya wanna look at it) I had to get up at 6 to be at a staff meeting at 6:40 am. It wasn't actually that bad of a meeting, we just all sat in a theater being "motivated" to "sell... sell... sell!!!!" the typical thing. But it was enough to help me make up my mind about the other job offer. I'm sticking with Cinemark for now. I just see more of an opportunity there than I do at the "Alvin premiere 5". That and after working myself to death, I was in the stock room talking to one of my managers and he kind of talked me into staying (not knowing I was thinking of leaving in the first place). The guy normally isn't the nicest person there, and hardly ever tells you when you do something right, but I was stocking up my candy and out of nowhere he tells me how much he appreciates my hard work, and how he wishes there were more people like me, and how he respects me for being a person that does what I'm told, when I'm told to do it, and I do it right the first time. (which like I said before, coming from this guy was a BIG complement) but he said if I keep it up I'll be a staff leader by summer. WOOHOO, more $$$ ;o).
today was kind of a AHH sort of day. Woke up late for church, came right home after church, to wash my clothes, but then my mom wanted to go out to eat. And since I haven't spent much time with her, we went to Luna's with my dad and his barber lady that we've still kinda adopted. Well after I paid for my lunch, I rushed home and put my clothes in the washer. Well I had planned to go to sleep for a little bit before I had to go to work since I was running on less that 10 hours for the past two night. So I asked someone to switch the laundry when it finished, but when I woke up i hat to switch it, then went back to sleep... Yeah, that was a wrong move. I work up late.... Again at 3:30 and I had to be there at 4. So yeah, I got to work and clocked in at exactly 3:39. Just put it this way, the speed limit did apply to me much on the way up there.
since the Passion came out, work as actually been quite pleasant. VERY VERY VERY busy, but not that bad customer wise. Normally I get at least a few dozen grumpy people every hour, but with all the churches coming in, I have met a lot of nice people!. Every showing so far has been sold out. Last night the lines were out the door, down the stairs, down the side walk and around the building... Crazy huh? But from what my manager told me, this movie has already beat all the record set by every other movie.
well, its late and I start a new trimester tomorrow, so I better go to sleep. Have a great week!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here