Sunday, February 15, 2004

What a short weekend! Seems like it just flew by. Well working Saturday kind of stunk! Nothing like being reminded of your singleness by having to serve thousands of lovey dovey couples at the movies. But its all good, Saturday night I came home and listened to my "gift of singleness" sermon from the series that I bought from Metro. They're ALL REALLY good! Ben Stewart is a great teacher! But any way...I got this Christian magazine in the mail yesterday. Its kind of cool so far from what I've read. Its called Faith Works. Not as good as Relevant, but its not too bad. Well I got to go to one of the bible studies tonight. I've never gotten to go before really because I usually work on Sunday nights. I really enjoyed it. Its been a while since I've gotten really into the worship, but tonight was just great. I also got to meet Mrs. Greathouse. She's such a sweet lady! But we sat around as she told us her life story. I love hearing those things. I don't know why, but I love just sitting and hearing about what people have gone through and how God has brought them out of it. But she's so sweet, I was walking to my car and she called me over to comment on my nose... It was so funny. Not that many people say anything, but she was talking about how I had a pug nose and there's not a lot of people like that... It was great! I'm going to be honest and confess something to yall. This weekend, more than usual, I've been having a hard time getting along with my parents. Normally its not too bad, I just ignore the comments and go on with business, but man, its hard. Its not the things they are saying that are getting to me as much as its the things they don't let me say. Any time something exciting happens and I want to tell them, I get cut off to talk about their day. I know I should be supportive and all, but they are the only ones I really get to talk to about my day (cause most of you happen to be there... No point in telling yall anything when yall are there when it happens right?). But deep down, I love talking, and when I get home that's what I wanna do, but *shrugs* I dunno. Maybe i'm just being selfish. Now that mostly happens with my mom. I handle it for the most part cause she's been like that all my life and I'm ok with it. Its just part of her. But my dad... AHHG! that's a long story and I don't have time to type it all, but he's just really getting to me right now. Well, I'm off, I need to go read that book. now that I finally have it... I need to start reading it. ;o). I'm only on chapter two. Have a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here