After a couple of weeks of taking the advice of a pretty smart guy ;o) I think I'm ready to go back on track. For the past couple of weeks, I've just been "riding the waves". Not worrying to death about my spiritual life and where I should be, ect, and just sitting back for a while. Well, I've had my rest, and I feel renewed actually and ready to get back on track. Not get back to worrying, but back to striving to be the person I need to be. I guess it was the book I was reading today after school that really got me Wanting (not feeling obligated) but actually wanting to start up again. Its not that I ever stopped I just down shifted a few gears if that makes any sense. But the book was talking about how you need to set some time aside JUST for God. No friends, tv, phones, not even music. And once I read that I realized how long its been since I've done that. hmmm maybe its time huh? ;o)
The devo was really good today. We talked about how easily we judge people off of our own standards. I never really thought about it much before. It has always been just one of those things that just happen you know? Its not necessarily that people are that much different from us at all, its just that they aren't the way WE want them to be. I dunno, I have a lot more thoughts on that, its just I'm not quite sure on how to put them into words... Go figure right?
welp, in about 42 hours, I will be on a plane on my way to Washington D.C. I'm pretty excited about the trip itself, but its just what I'm leaving at home that I'm worried about. I guess those of you who really know me know what I'm talking about. But in a way I have a sense of peace about it. If it happens it happens right? "its just the way the cookie crumbles"... (don't ask, that popped in my head for some reason) but the thought of getting to spend time with Alma just thrills me to death... She was one that got me to become more focused on God when I was REALLY lost. The two in the morning talks her and I had when we went to Colorado were just unforgettable.... She's the one that put the whole becoming a youth minister thought in my head... But at the time I was stuck on being a photographer... don't know what ever happened to that idea. hmmm. But she truly is one of my biggest spiritual mentors... If ever I picked any one I would want to be like, I'd want to become at least half of the woman of God that she is!
well, I'm off, I may not write until I get back, and hopefully I'll have some exciting pictures for my fotopage!!!! I hope you all have a great spring break!!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home