*warning you ahead of time... My computer is messing up and wont let me do spell check so good luck and do the best you can to understand me... I'm a horrible speller plus its late*
well, as you can tell I made it back from my trip. I'm not going to elaborate too much on that cause well... I'm tired. You guys will probably find out more about it later on any way, like it or not. ;o). But I'll talk last give you a quick review of what all I did.
Saturday: arrived in Baltimore at night and drove to West Virginia to my stay with my old youth minister's mom(Alma).
Sunday: woke up, went to church with them (Very nice little church, great sermon.)then came home as sat around most of the day soaking up the view
Monday: we spent almost the whole day in Harper's Ferry which is the town Alma and Bruce live in. Pretty neat town, cool historical stuff happened there. We also got to walk to Maryland from there.
Tuesday: we drove to Philadelphia because Alma had a government conference of some sort. It was really cool cause the government paid for out stay in the Marriott. But we stayed there Tuesday and Wednesday.
Wednesday: dido: walked around Phili and looked at more historical stuff, saw some big bell (it was just some really big weird bell that had a crack in it. no big deal right? ;o) ). And I got to see snow for the first time so that was great!
Thursday: we drove to the subway (about 45 minutes) took the subway into DC(omg it was the worst ride of my life... I hated it!!!!) then my mom and I went and saw some more historical stuff.
Friday: we went back to DC and finished all the other stuff that we didn't accomplish in one day. But it was all good cause I got to ride the train back to Harper's Ferry. I had never ridden on a train before and I really liked it!!!!
Saturday: and of course Saturday we flew home. Oh but I cant leave out the part of having my mom wake me up at 5 in the morning just to see some deer in the back yard. Ok yeah I understand that seeing 5 huge deer in the morning isn't something that happens all the time, but you don't wake someone up ( especially me) at 5 in the morning and expect them to be as happy as you are to see them. LOL but all in all, it was a good trip.
but honestly, I don't think it was long enough. In a way, I missed a few people. ..Well the two people that are reading this I missed. But one I got back to church this morning... Man it just hit. I came back all happy and renewed (trust me, after spending a week with Alma, NO ONE could be the same. That woman challenges me more than any one I know...Almost. I mean I've even given up my most favorite thing (listening to music at night). I'm not allowed to any more. Long story on why not, I'll fill in later. But her and I had a lot of midnight talks and man, I really admire what that woman is doing up there in DC. But her and I got to talking about what I wanted to do in life and what I wanted to be and we both figured out something... I no longer want youth ministry as an occupation.... If you wanna know the rest you'll have to ask... its worth it... I think any way, but I'm like bias. Well like always I ended up writing more than I planned so I'm forcing myself off of here now, making up for lost time I guess ;o)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home