As it turns out I actually did get suspended at work. Gee isn't that nice to know. Wish someone would have told me. But I still had to work today, just not on a register. At first I didn't mind too much cause that meant all I had to do was back people up (get drinks, popcorn, ect for them). Well then I was asked to go to the back and on the door was a list of things that had to be done that haven't been done in a year. So out of the 15 things on that list of tedious chores (everyone was suppose to do just one each) I chose to clean out the freezers. Not too bad I thought at first, there's only three of them. So I opened them up, pulled the hotdogs and pickles out and felt a sudden urge to puke. 2 hours later, freezers where spotless inside and out, I was going to go back to backing people up... Or so I thought. Turns out the rest of the chores on the list belonged to me. Some jobs I can understand, and needed to be done (for example the freezers and cleaning the sink) BUT scrubbing down the walls in the back (that job that really got to me!!!!) it also didn't make this one girl that had to help me out at first very happy either. To say the least, there were a few words said and she left with not even a 2 week notice...Lucky her. But that left just me cleaning the walls, cleaning out the drains (that's the nastiest thing ever! Its a big hole in the floor where the water from the sinks drains out. There was about a years worth of dish water, butter, and who else knows what all in that hole. Yummy huh?) but then there was sweeping the floor, and anything else the one manager (that used to be my favorite) could think of, that's what I got to do. It didn't really hit me until I was alone doing the dishes in the sink I had already cleaned 3 times before that what Ken said is harder to do than I thought! He always tells me that whatever you are stuck doing, do it like you're doing it for Jesus himself. Once that registered in my head, the guilt and remembrance of all the cuss words, that came out of my mouth in the past 8 hours, came rushing back to me and hit me all at once. (normally I hate cuss words and rarely let them slip out of my own mouth never the less from the mouths around me, but tonight I will confess (James 5:16) to all of you that I probably put a sailor to shame. Not all of the words came out probably, but they were still there in my head.) so after a long talk with my sister about the work that I'm doing, my write up for being "short $189.41", and some of the other things that are going on at work (trust me, if I tried to type them all out, I'd be here all night... If ya wanna know, just ask me.) I think that I may let this go on for one more week at the most, and if it doesn't get better, I'm gone. That simple.
if you've made it all the way through my complaining, 1: way to go! And 2: thanks for caring! ;o) well quiet time tonight is EXTREMELY needed. If possible could you keep my work situation and decision making in your prayers. It would be greatly appreciated. I hope the best for all of you for the rest of the weekend.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home