Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Man, the past two days have been great.. Not really sure why really, I just got that feeling that everything's ok. *shrugs* well for once I did my quiet time Before I wrote my blog, so my head's being overwhelmed with thoughts and conviction. Crazy, but a good feeling. I guess it all started at church tonight.... Go figure, every time I leave that place it seems like someone makes me leave with more thoughts than when I came. Its a good thing though, I love knowing what's going on, what I'm doing wrong, ect. It always helps me out. Well as you know if you've read that past few entries, you would know that I've been having a problem getting the will power to want or even do my quiet time. I didn't even know why I felt that way, it was just there. But tonight it was brought to my attention that I quit doing it because it lost its entertainment. I use to love doing it, always finding out something new, but before long, I made it into a chore and lets face it, no one likes chores. But tonight when we were acted to think of the most memorable worship experience the only thing I could think of was my first REAL experience with God. Just Him and I one on one. It was my first church trip ever and we went to Colorado. But that week, I had never before had so much Fun doing my quiet times down by the river, sitting around a pick-nic table singing songs with a group of people I learned to love, and a long talk about how my spiritual life was ( I think I remember that the most because that was the first time ever someone asked me how I was spiritually... Before then I never would have thought there was a difference between that and "how's it going") . Just the thought of that week just gives me the chills... Why cause it was what kept me entertained and happy. I want to work on getting that excitement back. Just tonight, once I found out why things the way they were, something changed. I couldn't get enough reading done! My goal for this new years (since I never really set any) is to get the chills every time. To Want to have that closeness more than just occasionally. I'm up for the challenge!

well any way, I had a blast yesterday with Wendye. She seems so much happier now that her, her mom, and siblings moved. I'm really starting to miss not being able to see her every time I got to church though. *shrugs* we all have out seasons in certain places, I think her time at that church is just lasting longer than mine. But any way, we got to talk and catch up on the drama in our lives since before Christmas. The movie was pretty fun too. Well the movie itself could have been better, but having the entire theater to ourselves to do as we pleased was great! Then we went to Chick- fil-a which I have not had since I went with the C of C group forever ago. It was REAL good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here