Sunday, November 16, 2003

Well, I'm back from the retreat. For the most part it was pretty good! Really kicked my butt spiritually! It was great to really get to know some people that I haven't taken the chance to get to know just yet. But oddly enough, the people I was already close to seemed to not even talk to me. But hey, it might have been for the best... That way I got to spend time with others. But luckily I did get the chance to talk to a girl that I just never have seemed to get a bit close to. I was under the impression that she couldn't stand me when actually it was more of a threatened feeling. But its all out of the way now and working on becoming friends which is always awesome!
but this weekend, even the night we first got there, the lesson really hit home with me! I realize that I have the tendency to look at myself better than others. I really need to work on looking at everyone as just another struggling Christian like myself. "its hard to live in the world and yet not of the world" and I think its just human nature to want to make yourself look better than everyone else. Oh, and then the encouragement cards that we did were just awesome! I love to know how people really feel about me, and yet most of them never say it. But... Over all, it was a good weekend. I don't regret going at all, even though it was really rough at times, I wouldn't have missed out on it!
well, I'm going to go, I'm dead tired, and I gotta get up early to get to school for my new schedule...New trimesters start tomorrow!!!!! Hope all is going well in your part of the world!.... I'm out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here