OMG!!!! The Girls Reflecting Glory was just unbelievable! Defiantly not what I expected! We left yesterday night and got there at around 7 and had a little worship service. It was different having everything led by women youth ministers, but it was really awesome! Besides them being hilarious, they just had a different type of... I dunno how to explain it. They were just different. But any ways, after we had a service, we split up into our homes! At first I didn’t want to really be split up, but the house we got to stay in was beyond imagining! It was a mansion in the middle of a sub division that took up a whole city block. I have never been able to stay in any place like that before. I got lost I don’t know how many times! Bainum and I got to stay on the third floor with our own balcony with was really great. Her and I were kinda weird though. Even though there was a very nice comfortable bed in our room, we both slept on the hard wooden floor. I guess we just didn’t feel like making the bed in the morning. I wish we would have now though cause my shoulder kinda hurts ;o). But we woke up this morning and went back up to the church for more awesome worship and another moving sermon. Then we had classes, which were really good too. Then lunch, which... well the setting was really nice, the food was just kind of weird. Who would have thought of putting walnuts and cranberries in a salad? *Shrugs* but all the gold silverware and plates made us feel all special... not that we're not or any thing ;o). But it was an experience. But the last service we had just really hit me! It was about not letting others tell us who we are and find out who it is that God has made us to be, and about not letting anything get in the way of that. It wasn’t really until she had us write down on a piece of paper something’s that we were letting hold us back and then take it to the front and lay it at the cross. And once I came back to my seat, something just hit me and I busted in tears (a few of us did actually). Its amazing that just a little sermon can make you totally rethink how your mindset has been. I’m ready to start a new outlook on things and a new set of goals. Seeing those women made me realize how possible it is to get that far! And I know I’m up to it!!! Something’s I know are just worth fighting for!
Well, I'm going to bed. Didnt get much sleep yet this weekend. Its all good though! Hope you're having a great weekend!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home