Well I'm not really up for writing much to night, so hopefully this will be short. Today was quite pleasant, I'm just very worn out! I went to church this morning, left afterwards (not helping with children's church) and headed over to my mom's church cause I told her I would. But before I get into how awkward that was, I'll go back to the service at the Fellowship. Honestly, yeah its kinda weird with out Ken around now, but I haven't really noticed too much except for when it comes to the actual sermon. Like today, it was a bunch of random thoughts just thrown out there. I really didn't understand how any of it connected. I don't think any of it did actually. The theme was "Jesus, Starbucks, & you" other than Mike showed everyone how to make a caramel coffee thing (not sure how to spell it) I don't see where Starbucks even fit in! Talk about being confused. But any ways, I went to GSBC and man, what a change! Just since Bill and Vicky Murphy have been there as new pastor and wife, (2 weeks) there's already double attendance. That's great! I also got the pleasure of having lunch with them at my aunt's house. They are really great people, but I feel intimidated by some of their comments at times. But after that I went to work. I'm not going to get into that though.. I'm sure its nothing worth reading, and nothing worth typing really. Just put it this way, I may not have to work for 2 or 3 weeks starting now. Not sure if That's a good thing though.
I was doing some thinking tonight as a read one person's blog. Here lately every time I hear about something that went on at the C of C while I couldn't be there, was working, or even at the Fellowship, has made me rethink where my heart truly is. I mean I like the Fellowship, don't get me wrong, but every time someone there said that I missed out on some event, I'm just like "yeah, sorry. blah blah blah, wish I was there( I think)" but when I find out the things I miss at the C of C, its an actually "Man, I wish I could have been there!!!!" is that a sign? don't be bias either ;o) but I'm serious, I'm starting to doubt where I really belong. Yeah its great that I get to help out in children's church and all, but I don't feel like I make a real impact in that. all i really do most of the time is help out play the worship music and any other little things that they need done to help. Its not my passion, youth stuff is. And where have I found the best place to get involved, make friends, help build them up as I grow too... The C of C! One good thing is that there is MUCH less drama at the Fellowship, but I rather take the drama and TRUE fellowship over not even knowing one person in the youth group. And I'm sick of playing the church hopper! Yeah, it was great for a while, getting to know a lot of people and knowing I was accepted in a lot of places, but its kind of wearing me out now. I want a real church home! Yeah not to long ago I moved my membership the The Fellowship and I don't want to be someone who moves membership for the fun of it. God wants us to be plugged in to A church so we can get connected and begin our ministry, but the question is... Which one is going to let me excel in that, and which one is going to hold me back. I've come to the conclusion that its impossible to be COMPLETELY committed to both. I just cant do it. And an other factor of it is that me not being a part of a Baptist church when our whooooooooole line of family has come from Baptist back grounds "yodda yodda yodda" doesn't exactly make me a favorite at the moment. ( well my mom's ok with it, she supports everything I feel I need to do) but I'm just in a constant mind boggling battle at the moment. Hopefully I can find time this week to talk to one of you about it, and maybe help me along my way which ever that may be.
so much for making this a short entry. Oh well. Think about it and get back to me if you feel led to. nighty night!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home